Amlib is a comprehensive Library Management system owned by OCLC and distributed in Africa by Sabinet Online and its agents. It has been designed in Australia with the assistance of professional librarians, incorporating their requirements for a flexible and powerful tool to manage and process library information.
Amlib is a robust and proven system featuring intuitive, easy-to-use Web and Windows based interfaces, with the first Amlib customer live in 1994. Amlib is international with libraries worldwide, including public libraries and library services, special and corporate libraries, schools, academic and college libraries.
Amlib provides effective management of all library information, from borrower details to catalogue maintenance, while efficiently administering all forms of presentation — whether paper, electronic data, images or multi-media. One of Amlib’s key strengths is its flexible, user-defined parameters, enabling each organisation to comprehensively customise the operation of Amlib, and in the case of the Web-based interfaces, to customise its look and feel.
Some of the important integrated features available within Amlib include:
- Grouping of libraries with extensive rights control over each others’ data
- Customisable reporting
- Reads any type of barcode
- Extensive search facilities
- Integrated Z39.50 searching
- Hourly statistical analysis
- Automated user-defined reports
- Marc import and export
- Immediate indexing and updating of database
- Customisable web interface
- Borrower self service kiosk
- Link to security and telephone renewal systems
- Mobile library module
- Email and SMS delivery of notices
- Separate loan policy per location
- Links to electronic resources such as e-docs and multimedia files